9.21.2012

well, how did i get here?



I have been shouting this from virtual mountaintops, but in case you didn't hear me hollering, our 101 Donut Pan Ideas project was featured in the Martha Stewart Living blog Wednesday morning! HERE is the link. What a thrill! I can only hope it passed over Martha's desk at some point. Wouldn't that be cool? Then maybe she'd discover my piñata eggs, because those would look SO great in the Easter-themed April issue of her magazine! 

Anyhoo, I feel really honored and have been getting a lot of support from friends and peers, and some people I don't know that well but admire, and from the San Francisco Etsy team. Super nice stuff.

I seriously don't know how I got here. I do, in that I used a Martha Stewart recipe that linked back to her blog, and someone at Martha Stewart Living saw that and followed me back here. But I don't, in that how did I work in architecture for 20+ years and end up wanting to make donuts? I know, I talk about this kind of stuff ad nauseum lately. Back in school, we used to talk about David Byrne and the rest of the Talking Heads meeting in architecture school and then bailing to pursue music. Turns out that story is not completely accurate, but I remember thinking that what they had learned in school had probably shaped what they went on to do musically. All I know is for now I'm happy to not be designing waterproofing details, although that is a forté of mine. 

Have a wonderful weekend! We're going out with good friends for an awesome meal and a show I've been looking forward to for a long time, so I'm pretty excited. Oh, and I'm the stage kitten tonight for Red Hots Burlesque, where I'm going to be picking up the cast-off delicates of The World Famous *BOB*. Holy wow! Wish me luck!









8 comments:

  1. Whoo Hooo, keep the doughnuts coming!
    Congrats, Tiffanie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sonya! I will. I love thinking of all of the ideas myself, often deflecting suggestions from others, but you have a special relationship with food, so if anything crosses your mind, send me a little note, will you? :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, huge congrats, Tiffanie! It must feel really good to have your efforts recognized on that level. Your work really is creative and beautiful, and I'm glad that more people are getting exposed to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your sweet words, Rhea! It does feel really good! Blogs are great that way. They are like owning your own little private gallery, with the hopes it'll get really busy one day! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! Congrats! That is tremendous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Angelia! I am pretty thrilled about it! :)

      Delete
  4. Tiffanie!!! This is such exciting and fantastic news! I am so glad that someone has seen your truly beautiful work and put it in a place where even more people can enjoy it. Well deserved. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, TL! I love that most of my oldest blog pals are all here to cheer me on! It is the support of others, for better or worse, that keeps me believing in what I'm doing. SO, thank you again! xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...